Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I CAN'T STOP WEARING...Givenchy wedge ankle boots


Posted by the fashion editor at large


These are things of beauty. I share them with my girlfriend. Oh the joys. We bought them at Joseph on Westbourne Grove at the beginning of the season from a man called Hannibal. Really.  I am properly obsessed with them and will probably wear these tonight to the Prada book launch. Onto wedges in general. I keep trend-spotting girls in wedges. Wedges should not be fashionable. I feel they look a bit medical. But, still, yesterday evening as I walked down into Oxford Circus after a jaunt to TopShop (they have done a fake 80's Versace wall in there which is genius) I trend-spotted a girl in burgundy straight cut cropped above the ankle sta-press trousers, a beige trench (Burberry) with the collar pulled up and black wedge shoes, they looked like ACNE, but could have been Margiela. At that moment I knew the wedge thing is not going away. It's going to get much bigger. By next spring I think it will be a mega-trend. From this moment I am going on a wedge hunt. I have already clutched the three beauties below, also by the lovely Riccardo Tisci at Givenchy, to my heart.  It's the TopShop SS10 press day today...  I will be reporting on what I find there later!


Pics: Chris Moore/Catwalking